Visitors


View My Stats

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Blogging away: Using personal blogs in math class

I have been experiencing a lot of success using personal student blogs with my math students. Each student has their own blog where they are required to post their written work, which is most the Problem Of the Week essays every other week. In addition, students can leave me notes and post their evaluations. It has made my grading easier because all I have to do is pick up my computer anywhere that has an Internet connection. Via my RSS reader, I see how has posted the latest work. I open up an Acrobat Writeable pdf form I created, read the essay, evaluated it and place it in their drop boxes.

It has made my grading life easier and has required students to "own" their work more because others will read it.

No comments: