Visitors


View My Stats

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Some things I've learned over the years...

I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the teacher I wanted to be.
I've learned that I can keep going long after I can't.
I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
I've learned that either I control my attitude or it controls me.
I've learned that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, regardless of the consequences. I want to be a hero like this
I've learned that money is a lousy way of keeping score. (I've always sort of suspected this, 2 b honest)
I've learned that sometimes when I'm angry I have the right to be angry, but that doesn't give me the right to be cruel.
I've learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes I have to learn to forgive myself (this has been a hard, hard thing to learn).
I've learned that our background and circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
I've learned that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.
I've learned that my life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know me.
I've learned that credentials on the wall do not make any one a decent human being.

No comments: