Visitors


View My Stats

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

iPad Digital Textbooks Coming?

Software developer ScrollMotion has been tapped to develop iPad-friendly versions of textbooks for education publishers like McGraw Hill, Houghton Mifflin, and Kaplan. 


Features that may make it into the iPad textbooks include video, interactive quizzes, the ability to record lectures, highlight and search text, and take notes, according to The Wall Street Journal. ScrollMotion announced a similar deal to bring textbooks to the iPhone and iPod touch during Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference in June of last year.


If this is the case, I will be an enthusiastic adopter for my middle school. I am in a good position as a lifetime Mac user and huge proponent of paperless teaching. I see lots of possibilities in the future of such texts. 


I will wait eagerly to see how this develops.

No comments: