Visitors


View My Stats

Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Five



On this Friday let's take a few minutes to sit and reflect on what we have learned.

It might just surprise us.

1.  I learned how to make a simple Christmas Disco Dancing Elf to accompany an otherwise boring lesson on unit rates. I did this on JibJab and membership only cost $12 per year.

2. I learned that while I can teach 8th grade all day, university at night, and then participate in an inquiry group from 6:30 to 9:00: it comes with a cost, both physically and mentally. Ice cream did partially over come this, but not enough.

3.  More troops to Afganistan! Bummer.

4.  There are more than 40,000 people using Food Banks here in San Francisco. There are about 192 SF Food Bank locations. Dial 211 to find out where they are.

5.  Social linguistics is an incredibly interesting and complex area that I want to study as I continue to think of my inquiry project about classroom discourse.



What did you learn this week?


No comments: