Visitors


View My Stats

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Teachers; Think before we speak

Words can be very uplifting, or they can tear you down. It was a tough week or two, and I was just not myself.  One student stopped by to say hello and check on me, it was that simple.  


At that moment everything changed for me just a little bit, just enough.


Words carry a lot of power and we need to be careful, whether we are using email, or face-to-face.


We all need to:   


Think before we speak.  


If we think it may cause hurt, it probably will.  Sleep on it and try to reword what we need to say.Never shoot from the hip (or lips). Try to put yourself in their shoes. Remember that the written word can be misunderstood, say it in person. Most importantly find a kind word to say whenever possible.

No comments: