Visitors


View My Stats

Friday, October 9, 2009

My Friday Five


1. There is not particularly easy way to explain subtraction with negative numbers, but chip boards and the concept of opposites at least help;
2. Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize without having done much other than change the tone of our country and while I'm happy for him, I worry what this means for our future;
3. Bird migration is being monitored via radar and that even tiny little birds migrate, especially at night. I used to think birds did not fly at night (unless they were owls)
4. I will be teaching my second University course this semester on Math Teaching Methodology and this might turn into a permanent gig.
5. Our students confuse causality with correlation in science and I am not satisfied with that.

No comments: