1. There is not particularly easy way to explain subtraction with negative numbers, but chip boards and the concept of opposites at least help;
2. Obama won a Nobel Peace Prize without having done much other than change the tone of our country and while I'm happy for him, I worry what this means for our future;
3. Bird migration is being monitored via radar and that even tiny little birds migrate, especially at night. I used to think birds did not fly at night (unless they were owls)
4. I will be teaching my second University course this semester on Math Teaching Methodology and this might turn into a permanent gig.
5. Our students confuse causality with correlation in science and I am not satisfied with that.