It occurred to me this weekend that I continually learn lots of new things on a daily basis. Some things are mundane (I learned it isn't so hard being line ref for my son's soccer team), and others more profound (I learned that my friend's recently deceased mother had a long and important impact on public transit in San Francisco). I want to log some of these things I learned, putting me once again along side all of my students as a learner and not simply "imparter of information".
5 things I learned this week:
1. 7th graders do amazingly complex work on their science fair projects;
2. The flea shampoo I bought for my dog Rexy is effective in less than 30 seconds (I wonder what is in it!)
3. If I ignore my two kittens, they come and lay down right next to me. If I grab for them, they scurry away.
4. It can be very useful to classify exponents as greater than zero, equal to zero, or less than zero (negative)
5. My UC Berkeley Teacher Inquiry Group is going to be a fantastic professional and personal support for me this year.
What 5 things did you learn this week?