Visitors


View My Stats

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Teacher Action Research


This year I will be conducting an inquiry into my teaching practices. I will be part of a group of teachers working together at UC Berkeley. 

The topic of my research is to describe the characteristics of math discourse in my classes.

This is a definition of Teacher Action Research that I particularly like:

Action research is systematic inquiry conducted by teacher researchers, principals, school counselors, or other stakeholders in the teaching/learning environment to gather information about how their particular school operates, how they teach, and how well their students learn. This information is gathered with the goals of gaining insights, developing reflective practice, effecting positive changes in the school environment, and improving student outcomes and the lives of those involved.

http://www.nefstem.org/teacher_guide/intro/definition.htm

No comments: