Visitors


View My Stats

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

today i got a note...


not an email, not a phone call, not a dropping by my door with a concern or complaint or question. No, today I got a handwritten note congratulating me on the providing his daughter a strong and meaningful math education over these past two years.

What a wonderful gift. 7-9 sentences telling me how much he has enjoyed and benefitted from the Problem of the Week assignments I gave every other week, and more importantly, how they have provided him with an opportunity to participate meaningfully in his daughter's education.

But you want to know something? It was the power of the hand written note in this technology crowded age that really got to me. I placed the note in a special folder I keep hidden from my day to day teaching existence, but which chronicles these special people in my career who have appreciated me for who I am and what I bring to the class.

Today was a great day. Thanks!

No comments: