Visitors


View My Stats

Friday, March 16, 2007

Let's start the conversation

I look all over the Internet, but I don't find what I am looking : a good discussion of resources, ideas, and innovative ideas for teachers of Algebra. It seems I find lots of bits and pieces, but nothing that comes satisfies my desire to have it in one place and growing. Please join me in the search to make it work.

What are you using?

Who do you teach?

How do your students react to algebra?

What did they know/need to know starting the class?

What do they know/need to know ending the class?

What is the deeper purpose of teaching algebra? Is there a compelling reason why everyone should learn the basics or is it just a push down of topics that so characterizes American education?

How is it done in other countries? Why?

Are there students who just don't need to take algebra?

No comments: